Once you have created a payment using the Volt API, it will have a status of NEW. The payment will remain in this status until they have selected a bank and confirmed they want to continue with the process.
If a payment remains in the status of NEW for a while, it means that your customer has not selected a bank and continued to pay via their bank account. There may be a few reasons for this :-
- The customer's bank is not supported yet so they could not proceed with the payment
- The customer decided to pay using a different payment method
Once the customer has selected a bank and confirmed they want to continue, the status will change to BANK_REDIRECT.
This means they have been redirected to their bank to make a payment. Again, if it stays in this state for longer than a few minutes, it means the process halted there and - again - there could be a few reasons for this...
- The customer has selected their bank, but decided to close the bank's website or mobile app without "officially" cancelling the payment
- The customer has encountered an error during the redirect to the bank
- The customer had difficulty logging into their bank so abandoned the process
- The customer closed their browser before authorising the payment