The following functionality is optional. You can choose to manage the Volt Connect account yourself in which case we will not be creating any automated settlements or sending report_available notifications. Please provide the model you wish to operate under to your Volt representative while onboarding (you can choose to change it later).
Periodically, Volt will batch any payments received (on a per-currency basis) and send a settlement payment to the corresponding currency account configured in Fuzebox.
We'll send a single settlement payment for the batched amount to your bank account. You'll therefore receive one payment per payment currency.
We’ll create an internal ID for the batch we create and generate a unique payment reference for the settlement payment so that you can reconcile it when it arrives in your bank account.
All this information will be in the notification we send you.
Once your settlement payment has been confirmed as sent, we will :-
- Change the status of all payments in the corresponding batch to SETTLED.
- Generate a settlement report in CSV format.
- Send you a report_available notification that the report is available to download, and the location to download it from.
- This notification will be delivered to your report notification URL and not your payment notification URL.
- The User-Agent will be Volt/2.0 and will contain an X-Volt-Type header of report_available. We will use the same X-Volt-Type for all future report notifications.
- The type of report will be contained in the reportType parameter (in this case, it will be settlement) and a location to download the report will be provided.
reportTypewill be settlement in this case
generatedis a timestamp for the report itself
locationis where you can download the report, the link will expire one week after the generated time
- details contains details specific to this report type, in this case a settlement report
customerIdis your unique Volt customer ID. For PSP customers this will contain the unique ID for your merchant.
accountIdis the ID of the bank account the payment was sent to
batchIdis the unique ID for the batch of payments this settlement relates to
amountis the settlement amount sent, as always in minor currency units (pence, cents etc)
currencyis the currency the payment was sent in
paymentReferencewill be the reference that appears on your bank statement
The report location is valid for one week from the date the report was generated, after which the report will be inaccessible. However, you will always be able to retrieve the settlement data via the Volt API.
You will receive ONE settlement payment, one report notification and one downloadable settlement batch report PER SETTLEMENT CURRENCY.
You can access the report from the location detailed in the report_available notification. All reports are stored securely in Amazon S3 storage and are available for one week from the generated date in the notification.
The file format will be CSV and will contain a header row plus one or more data rows containing the following information.
batchId- UUID - The ID Volt assigned to the settlement batch
paymentId- UUID - The unique ID Volt assigned to the payment
customerId- UUID - Your unique Volt customer ID. For PSP customers this will contain the unique IDs for your merchants.
uniqueReference- String (18) - The reference you provided for the payment
paymentTime- Timestamp - When the payment was created on VOLT
settlementTime- Timestamp - When the payment was received into your Volt Connect account
amount- Integer - Payment amount (in the currency’s minor unit - cents, pence...)
currency- ISO 4217 - Payment currency